Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmastime brings about a lot of questions in my mind... like, is there really a point to buying your kid any presents for Christmas? I mean really, at 8 months old will he even remember Christmas, let alone, any of the gifts he actually received from us? According to the students I teach, if I don't get him any presents, then I'm inevitably heartless, and a horrible mother. But the way I see it, that leaves me more money to spend on gifts for him in the future -- gifts he actually remember getting, and also may actually keep track of for more than 1 month. I guess if my parents would've had that mentality, our family would've never received any presents at all for Christmas. I remember distinctly that I would play with the toys I got for maybe a month, and then inevitably would lose them, or possibly ruin them -- to the point that they were dangerous for anyone to play with them (except, of course, the only real Cabbage Patch Doll I ever got). So, I guess for this Christmas, I'm going to be wrapping up a lot of boxes so that he can play in them, and with the wrapping paper, but past this point, I'm going to have to deal with what all parents who are consumers deal with in our country -- ungrateful children.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Geronimo said...

but since the cabbage patch was an effective weapon right out of the box, it didn't need to be ruined to be dangerous...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home